Tuesday, February 13, 2007


She came home after her first date with this new lady in her life and she was giddy.
I sat and listened to her tell me about the whole evening in detail and everything about her new girlfriend. She was planning on taking my son to the aquarium the next day and had suggested her new flame go with them. This did not bother me in the least as I knew Ann had a great deal of tact when the situation required it.
The next day talking with my son it was quite clear Ann. was not the only one quite taken with this new lady, he sang her praises all through dinner.
Some might think at this point I was a tad jealous but in truth I was not -I was working long hours with a renewed enjoyment, as I was now sober I mended a lot of relationships and my creativeness was a new high. We also had other people staying with us and a lot of people stopping by for a meal or chat. I was renewing and making amends with my son and developing my own spiritual understanding my life was full.
So it went through most of the summer when Ann. was not with her girlfriend -we still talked went to meetings and she still liked to keep a good sexual tension banked between us.
One night on the rare occasion my son was visiting his mother and I was watching a movie and in walked Ann. with the girl I had heard about all these weeks.
They sat down on the couch and Ann. introduced me to Cindy,
She was cute with a devilish smile and a really crisp short hair style.
In fact everything about her said style from the shade of her red hair to her limited but tasteful jewelry We all exchanged some small talk and Cindy and I found we had several mutual friends in common. After a while I could tell I was getting the look from Ann.(the I want to be with my friend alone kind of look)so I said my goodnights. As I was walking out I could not help but notice that there seemed to be a bit of tension between Ann and Cindy that was not of a sexual variety few days later Ann shared w/ me that is was Cindy’s Sobriety anniversary and she wanted to take her somewhere special for dinner then to a place in federal way which rented hot tubs by the hour .I suggested she bring her by the restaurant and even thought it was my night off I would come in a supervise their meal to make sure the chefs made it spectacular.
She thought this was a great idea .I did even one better and had the dinning room manager pick up some flowers and balloons for their booth .I went into the kitchen and added some special touches to their meal then slipped out as my son and I had a movie to go too The next day Ann was really very pleased with all the attention i had given the two. And also mentioned again how Cindy and Joshua got along so well. She also shared how Cindy seemed a trifle cool to her as of late. It was later it dawned on me that the reason for this was Ann was head over heels lets pack up the U-Haul in love and Cindy seemed more interested in the nice pleasant fling mode.
To be continued

No comments: